Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams: a modernized design and yet still in the tradition!
A few months ago already, we presented you the new range of jams Andrésy à l’Ancienne.
Did you know that the brand Les Confitures à l’Ancienne was one of our oldest brands?
With a modernized design, but always in the tradition of the artisanal manufacture of jams with the copper basin, the productions of our jams in brand Andrésy À l’Ancienne are ready for your orders!
Discover in this article all that brings you – and your customers – this new range of Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams!
Short history of the range or how ” Les Confitures à l’Ancienne ” become ” Andrésy à l’Ancienne ” !
Les Confitures à l’Ancienne were born in the 1980s. Their success very quickly contributed to build our House.
But where does this range come from?
It was born from a strong need of French hotels, customers of the Andrésy jam factory: to offer authentic products on breakfast tables and in room service.
The Maison Andrésy then created this brand with a design that has often been copied since: traditional jam recipes in kraft packaging with the drawing of the fruit on each label.
Why the choice of kraft for our labels Les Confitures à l’Ancienne ?
At the very beginning of the jam shipments in hotels in France, the most common packaging paper was… kraft paper! Brown, resistant, very recognizable.
So we decided to use this symbolic paper when we were looking for an authentic packaging. Simple and effective!
We used it for both our labels and the caps of our jam jars.
But why a cap on our jars of jams Les Confitures à l’Ancienne ?
At the very beginning of the marketing of jams, the cap to screw did not exist. You can see it if you find old jars of jams in the cellars of your grandmothers or at the antique dealers.
To preserve the jams, we used to put on them a slice of paper soaked in alcohol and a layer of kerosene (to avoid mold) and a paper cap, to improve the preservation and avoid the temptation to dip your finger in the jam!
Despite the arrival of the modern and efficient capsule, at Maison Andrésy, we have kept the cap on our traditional jars: a small nod to the past!
Why fruit drawings on our jars of jams Les Confitures à l’Ancienne?
We told you: this brand was mainly created to meet the needs of quality hotels and French palaces.
However, in 1980, the clientele was already very international. This is why Gérard Cassan, the second generation of the founders and managers of Maison Andrésy, had the novel idea at the time of putting drawings of the fruit on each recipe: a drawing is understandable no matter what language is spoken!
You now know almost everything about the creation of our brand of jams Les Confitures à l’Ancienne. A brand so appreciated for its recipes and its look that it quickly became a standard on the breakfast tables of the best French hotels!
Now we’d like to tell you how and why we went from “Les Confitures à l’Ancienne” to “Andrésy À l’Ancienne”…
The Andrésy à l’Ancienne jam range of 2022!
Fortunately, your consumers have evolved since 1952 and their desires with them! Our jams had to evolve too to remain their favorites!
So here we are in 2022, the Andrésy à l’Ancienne brand of jams, a worthy evolution of our traditional brand, leader in the high-end hotel industry!
Certain quality characteristics will remain and will never change. We have therefore kept them for our Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams:
- Our artisanal jams are made in the traditional copper basin, a must for the cooking of quality jams
- Our fruits are selected with a rigorous schedule of conditions to guarantee a taste of exception.
- Our packaging still bears witness to our unique heritage and can be recognized from afar thanks to the lightened kraft of our labels and the paper cap that covers the grocery store size jars.
- Our expertise acquired over 70 years of cooking jams and multiple awards: Maison Andrésy, a recognized expert jam maker!
What is changing in your Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams?
First of all, the name is changing!
We now present the “Andrésy à l’Ancienne” range.
The recipes are classified according to categories of consumption:
- The MUST HAVE : Strawberry, apricot, blueberry, citrus, raspberry, cherry, … Our best-sellers recipes that have marked the history and taste buds of thousands of gourmets!
- The greedy : Gourmet and regressive recipes with the sweet scent of childhood, for the nostalgic : milk jam, chestnut cream, vanilla pear, apricots and almonds, and many more !
- The Unexpected : As surprising as tasty, to be tasted urgently : green tomato, seedless raspberry, rose, tea speciality, and other recipes to discover, or re-discover!
- The low-sugar : All the flavor of Andrésy À l’Ancienne recipes with 30% less sugar for all your health-conscious and taste-conscious customers!
We told you all about the new features of this range of high quality artisanal jams in this previous article. But very briefly :
- To remind our know-how with the copper basin, the cap of the jar becomes copper-colored.
- To benefit from a more durable and premium look for your demanding customers, the elastic band closing the paper cap is replaced by a fabric band.
- To assert the spirit of the new range, the tradition and above all the know-how of one of the oldest professional French jam makers, you will find a “since 1952” crest on the kraft cover.
- To adapt to your international customers, you will find on the large jars more precise labels, recipes highlighted and especially the great novelty of French and English labels.
Discover the complete catalog of our Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams!
How to order the range of Andrésy à l’Ancienne jams?
Maison Andrésy offers you different ways to order the French jams Andrésy à l’Ancienne:
- You can contact your usual sales contact
- You can call us at +33 (0)1 39 75 14 55
- Or you can also contact us by e-mail : email@example.com
Attention, our stocks of artisanal and French jams are limited, victims of their success. Think of anticipating your orders a little more than usual.
How the Origins range and its artisanal jams are ideal for your breakfasts in hotels or guest rooms ?
Accueil 12May 2022 Since the 80's, Maison Andresy has been serving fine French establishments and quality hotels internationally with our individual jars of artisanal jams. Then we created honey in individual jars, then condiments in "French style" recipes....
Accueil 05May 2022 The strawberry jam is an unavoidable recipe in the jam grocery stores. Favorite jam of the French, it is also widely acclaimed internationally for its sweetness. Your customers can taste it on a waffle, a pancake, a toast for breakfast,...
Accueil 07April 2022 It is spring, Nature has been budding for some time and is waking up! The harvest is finally about to begin in the orchards of France. You were waiting for them with impatience to be able to taste our spring jams? Your gourmet customers...